In this book, you will learn:
- The telltale signs of certain handwritten letters
- The “look-alike letters” in German handwriting and how to work with them
- Common ancestral occupations for both men and women in German genealogy
- Abbreviations and milestone words found in German documents
- Outdated German words no longer in dictionaries and their meanings today
- The typical spelling mistakes on German records and how to identify them
- How to read the standard German marriage certificate format
- The best online resources for transcribing the old German handwriting and more!
Whether you’ve mastered the old German handwriting or are just starting out, this book will provide you with the supplemental knowledge necessary to delve deeper into the exciting world of German genealogy.